Say hello!

12346»

Comments

• Hi everyone, paraplanner for just over twelve months after assuring in my spare time for a few years to get qualified so I could swap careers after being a paralegal.

Passed R01-R05 and J09 with R06 approaching next week. Long term goal being Chartered

Favourite chocolate bar is the often overlooked Star Bar

• richallumrichallum Administrator

Hi @JonPaulEllis and welcome.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• Hi all, looking to move into Paraplanning, I like films, the gym, Rick and Morty (obvs) and Booja Booja chocolate ice cream FTW
  • Hello all, my name is Kirsty and I am a Diploma qualified Paraplanner! Feels more like a confession than an occupational statement, ha!

I have 14 years experience as a Paraplanner (I worked in accounts for several years before then). Life experiences (both positive and negative) have taken up my time in the last few years, however I do hope to achieve Chartered status in the near future.

I currently work for a Chartered firm on the outskirts of Newcastle upon Tyne, although currently furloughed (since March) and the company seems dead set against home working, which I feel is a real missed opportunity for the business and I've missed the client interaction (more of this in a separate post...)

I've given the chocolate conundrum a lot of consideration and have concluded that all chocolate is heavenly, with something available to suit all occasions, moods and dilemmas.

That's all for now thanks, my friend Cadbury and I have a pending appointment...

Hi @RickSanchez & @Babyfacesmith Hope you enjoy The Big Tent.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• Hello, I'm Amanda

I have just joined Nutbrown IFA Ltd as Senior Administrator in Sheffield and I am new to IO, Docusign and lots of other new back office systems. I think this forum will become my new best friend!

Most days a large jar of nutella will take away the stresses of the day :)

Welcome @Amanda_2277 I'm in Sheffield too and know where to come for a Nutella top up now :smiley:

• Hello I am Marta, I have been paraplanning for way too many years than I care to count. I work for Tanager Wealth Management, a firm that is dual regulated by the FCA and SEC in the US and our clients are US persons or have some US connection.

My favourite chocolate are Lindt truffles - the red ones. There is a new Lindt truffle flavour out now - salted caramel!!

• AdminAdmin Administrator

@Marta - good to meet you. You'll always be popular if you come bearing news of a new Lindt truffle flavour! :smiley:

@Marta said:
    Hello I am Marta, I have been paraplanning for way too many years than I care to count. I work for Tanager Wealth Management, a firm that is dual regulated by the FCA and SEC in the US and our clients are US persons or have some US connection.

My favourite chocolate are Lindt truffles - the red ones. There is a new Lindt truffle flavour out now - salted caramel!!

• Hi everyone, I'm glad I've found this forum, I think it will be useful. I work as the only paraplanner in a small firm in SW England and really enjoy it.

• Hi everyone,

I'm Joe, and I'm extremely new to the world of paraplanning! I'm just starting my career as a paraplanner by putting myself through the CII diploma course, currently still studying for the R01 exam. Looking forward to attending events and meeting some of you!

If I had to choose just one type of chocolate it would have to be a simple millionaire shortbread!
    Hi @JoeRobbins and welcome. Good choice of chocolate. Are you in a Paraplanning role while studying?

• Thanks Rich, not currently in a role unfortunately. Would love to learn on the job as well as the exams but I don't have any experience yet.

• Hello everyone! I’m an investment enthusiast with some Paraplanning experience.
  • Hey Guys , Wish I found this earlier!

I am making a career change after a decade in the fitness industry I'm moving out and into finance. The lockdown has given me the opportunity to study and make a change. I have passed my R01 in Feb and have the R02 soon but as I am not working in finance currently quite a lot of the areas I am not that familiar with, so an area like this I'm sure is a great place for help.

The R02 feels tougher than the R01.

Hi @redlionroars and welcome to the Assembly. Hope you find this a useful resource and feel free to ask any questions.

• Hello, my name is Rumi.
    I have a BSc in Business Economics and MSc in Economics (Financial & Industrial Economics). I worked as a trainee financial advisor from 2015 - 2018.
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to quit my job, since I had to take care of my baby, eventhough I ended my maternity leave early, just to be able to get back to work.
    I never started studying for the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, although I am now ready to do so and get back to work.
    I will be exploring options, since I have had to move abroad and will no longer work in the UK. I hope I'll be able to get my diploma and work remotely from overseas.
    I am glad I found the forum, all of you seem very helpful and kind. I'll appreciate your advice and experience, when I gather the courage to ask for them :)

Hi @R_Sara Welcome to the Big Tent. I hope your preparation for the Diploma goes well. There's lots of help on here for people preparing for exams. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.

• Hello,

Bit of an oddity here, I’m not a current paraplanner, or even working in the finance industry, I’m actually an Engineer looking at a career change after 20 years working in construction. Ive finally coming to terms with the idea that I’d like to do something connected to a subject I’m interested in an something I think I’d enjoy.

I like smarties, I assume they counts as a chocolate bar!

Thanks
    Steve

@Snewton It sounds like you're at an interesting point in your career, with some big decisions ahead. If you haven't already, take a look, the 'New to paraplanning' category on here.

If you have time, you may also want to out the website to see if there are any resources there that will help you in your decision making.

If there's anything you think we can do to help, let us know.

As for Smarties; definitely part of the chocolate family so they count.

• > @Admin said:
    > If you've just joined the Big Tent please take a minute to say hello and introduce yourself.  Simply add a comment below, you might like to include what sort of paraplanner you are, where you work & what you're interested in.  Favourite chocolate bar is always a good start.

> @Admin said:
    > If you've just joined the Big Tent please take a minute to say hello and introduce yourself.  Simply add a comment below, you might like to include what sort of paraplanner you are, where you work & what you're interested in.  Favourite chocolate bar is always a good start.

> @Admin said:

> @Admin said:
  • Hi.just joined this today.I am a pp manager and looking for any tips on a good checklist that I can share with the team so that we can produce good reports.
    Thanks
  • Hi team,
    I am an indian origin paraplanner. I have a good background in paraplanning field. I started my career working as a paraplanner for Australian Financial advisor. I have been working in the UK paraplanner field for a while now. Earlier I was employed, but now I am thinking of doing freelancing. And I just thought I should connect with likeminded people. So here I am, look forward to hearing from you, and getting to know the huge community.

Hi @Mandy_09

Welcome on board!

Perhaps go sign up for the newsletter over on the website (scroll to the bottom of the page) for details of upcoming events.

Thanks

• Hi everyone, I'm Adam, a long-time unregistered lurker and posting for the first time today.

I've been in the industry for 8 years and paraplanning for the last 5.

I'm autistic, the main traits of which, frustratingly, are:

• spotting things which no-one else seems to
    • not noticing things which everybody else does

You'd think those two might be contradictory but I am the embodiment of the exception which proves the rule. This will become more evident with each post, I suspect!

Hi @paranoidplanner Welcome to the Big Tent.

• Hello

I'm just looking for new ideas and maybe I'll try some of the suggestions

Kucheryava Kava https://icoffee.in.ua/

• Hi All,

I've been in the IFA/WM industry for nearly 10 years. Starting in sales, moving onto operations and most recently working as a Paraplanner.

I'm 2 AF papers shy of being chartered (fingers crossed for AF1 results in November) and now looking to establish myself as a freelance Paraplanner. It's a relief to find this group as I have a multitude of questions I'll be pestering you all with.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi @maxmyr and @ResearchRoute welcome to the Big Tent.

Look forward to seeing you get stuck in.