Say hello!

Comments

• richallumrichallum Administrator
    Hi @JPow95 welcome to the Powwow.  The events we put on will help you with training, make sure you have signed up to Powwow Post on the front page to hear about them first. Everyone on here is happy to share so if you have any questions just ask.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• EmmaVEmmaV Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi all. Another newbie here. Looking for some advice on going freelance.....been paraplanning for 12 years and love it still. Am currently self employed for 2 companies but need a little more flexibility for work life balance. 
    Chocolate wise it's white chocolate or a wispa for me but am on a big health kick so currently a chocolate free zone
  • Hi
    Mark - career paraplanner since 1999 (I didnt think I was that old)

I work for a large accountancy firm in Newcastle. Working towards chartered, as well as a management role within the firm itself. I've worked for large national firms, as well as small local firms, so I feel like i've a broad scope of knowledge.
    I'm here to share and gain further technical info from the paraplanning 'world'

Confectionery wise, the humble Revel. Everything you'd need in a sweetie (family bag obviously).

Cheers
    Mark
  • CaroCaro Member
    mjeffs said:
    Hi

I work for a large accountancy firm in Newcastle. Working towards chartered, as well as a management role within the firm itself. I've worked for large national firms, as well as small local firms, so I feel like i've a broad scope of knowledge.

Confectionery wise, the humble Revel. Everything you'd need in a sweetie (family bag obviously).

Cheers
    Mark

Hello Mark old pal, remember me? You were my mentor at that large national firm! :smile:  

• Hi all,

I'm new to the finance game and paraplanning as I only started in January. I used to work for a firm of solicitors as a private client paralegal, having graduated from Uni last July.

Really enjoying the new position, and I'm lucky to have just started the CII Certificate in Paraplanning.

I'll be attending the Purely Paraplanning Seminar in London on the 9th May, so may see a few of you there!

I'm going with a Bounty on the chocolate topic.
  • PedroPedro Member
    Hi all

Just posted so should introduce myself here, having lurked for a while.

I'm Peter, been Paraplanning for about a year now, having spent the last 8 years working for a wrap platform.  I decided that I needed to pivot my career slightly and so completed the CII Diploma gradually and then through a lovely slice of good fate found a great role in a great team / company.  Now on the path to Chartered although might try and get the CFP first as the lifetime planning is much more a focus of the way we work.

Will likely be attending the Paraplanner conference in June too, so may see many of you there.

As for chocolate, you can't beat Peanut Butter M&Ms.  They are ace.
  • Hi, I'm Sian! 

I am a Paraplanner at Citimark in Bristol and tend to work with HNW clients involving mainly tax and trust planning work. Through the iFS route, I've completed the level 4 diploma and level 6 advanced diploma so am a Chartered member of the London Institute of Banking and Finance. 

I'm pretty new to all this but assisted Andy in hosting the South West Powwow yesterday and found it very useful! Now looking forward to implementing some of the interesting ideas discussed :smile: 
  • BeckyJBeckyJ Member
    Hi Everyone, I'm Becky.
    I'm completely new to this paraplanning malarkey having only started in January, and only working at it 1 day per week but I'm loving the community spirit of it all.
    This is a complete change of direction for me careerwise as I am also a Land Surveyor for the other 4 days of my working week!
    I'm hoping to start on the CII Regulated Financial Planning soon, having just completed my first lot of in-house training.
    The chocolate thing is a tough one, I'm torn between Toblerone and Revels.
    Hi @BeckyJ That's an unusual career combo but I like it.  Welcome on board  :p  If you really want to experience the community, come to the main Powwow in the teepees in September.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• hi @BeckyJ Definitely an uncommon combination, but then again, who ever wanted to be a Paraplanner as a kid ... we have all followed different paths to get us here :)  
    I love Toblerone too... @richallum Can we have some for the main Powwow plssss!!! 

@ElsaOrdonezG noted  B)

• BecciJBecciJ Member
    Hi @BeckyJ from another BecciJ! Just spelt a little different  :D
  • BeckyJBeckyJ Member
    @BecciJ  I fear there are a lot of us about  :D 

@richallum I am definitely going to try and make it to the main powwow, especially if there are Toblerones!
  • JcrickJcrick Member
    Hi there,
    I hold the old FPC and MAQ but was out of the industry for a while. I'm now looking at r01-4 to gap fill my knowledge and also considering what other roles might be around.

Jim
  • Hello, I'm Stacey.

I am a Technical Administrator. I'm new to the Financial Industry but experienced in Administration.I have been with this company for 4 months so I am really a 'Newbie'. I am slowly learning the ropes towards Paraplanning, and will be starting my qualifications in 2018. 

I work in an office of 1 Mortgage Adviser (working with 1 day a week), and 1 Financial Adviser (working with 4 days a week).

I hope to get speaking to others in the same situation :)
  • Hi @stacey_smith

It's sounds like you are in the same boat as me, as you can see from my post above. Welcome aboard!
    There's so much to learn, but I think some of it is starting to sink in now :smiley:

• Hello

I'm Nick. Had a varied career in financial services and have now set-up a business to support robo/digital investment managers engaging with customers (not clients) of financial advisers. Our market is customers caught in the "Advice Gap", so those with relatively modest means. I am going to need some help and I hope I might find some here.

Chocolate = Toblerone. Nothing else will do.  B)
  • Hello one and all,

My name is Dan and hail from the dark depths of Berkshire. I am a Paraplanning Team Leader, working alongside 7 other Paraplanners. We work within a large accountancy/audit firm and are very holistic.

I have been in Financial Services for around 13 years (Paraplanning for 9 years) but new to this whole Powwow stuff. It all looks very shiny and exciting.

Outside of the exciting world of Paraplanning, I enjoy training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and getting beaten up by 9-year old daughter because she is much better than me.

As for chocolate, the correct answer is clearly the almighty Double Decker.

• Clare_WeightClare_Weight Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi, I'm Clare

I work in a small firm of advisers who have never had a paraplanner before. Sometimes I need like to drink consecutive cups of tea.

I try to forget about chocolate in case I lose self control and get fat. I'm a fan of mechanical pencils and checklists.

And this is for Richard: https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/10/07/probably-best-inspirational-posters-youll-ever-see/

Thanks for the link @Clare_Weight that's good.

• Hello, I’m Will

I work at a small firm in Preston called Charter Financial Planning. I have R01-R04 under my belt and will be tackling R05 shortly. 

I dabbled in a bit of legal work after university before seeing the light a couple of years ago and changing careers. So this is all very exciting, lots of very interesting discussions here! 

I’m definitely more of a milk chocolate fan, ideally with peanut butter or caramel. 
  • Hi Will

Always glad to see more Northerners on here! ;-)
    Jonny (paraflex)
  • Hi all, I'm Jason.

I'm originally from East Yorkshire, but now live in the South East, and am the sole Paraplanner for a small wealth management firm called Brighton Capital Management.

I'm level four qualified, and have been a Paraplanner for 11/12 years (but even longer in the industry!)

I can get very lonely on your own, so it's nice to find a place to get help and share ideas with like minded people in the same role!

Any chocolate is good, but I seem to have a thing about retro bars like Biscuit Boost, Wispa and Double Decker (that said not fussy!) 

• Hi everyone,

I'm Christian. I'm a paraplanner/researcher at Yellowtail Financial Planning. I'm based in Exeter. I've been a paraplanner for 18 months and I'm level 4 qualified. I'm trying to get up the energy to start some of the Advanced Diploma modules.

I enjoy playing golf and sing in a choir. 

Having grown up in Belgium, I'm a bit of a chocolate snob. My favorite chocolate is Neuhaus's dark chocolate filled with raspberry dark chocolate ganache and topped with freeze dried raspberry. 

Hello @CQplanning  we met at NextGen. Good to see you on here and great chocolate choice. 

• I'm Andy and have been a paraplanner in the past.  Got a bit disillusioned with the churning nature of the businesses I was working for (plus one of the advisers is in jail now but that is a whole other story).  Ended up in Corporate World for 5 years with a very big enhanced annuity provider before being made redundant.  Now with a local IFA but looking for paraplanning opportunities again, and got my level 4 in July.  Currently studying R04 then AF7 afterwards, and planning on J09 after that.

I go for bounty as well, but it has to be the red one!
  • stone_hstone_h Member
    edited January 2018

Hello everyone!

I'm Hannah and I have been a Paraplanner for 7 years and have level 4 diploma under my belt. Currently studying CF8.

Outside of work, I love cycling!

As for chocolate - anything without nuts...

Will be great to discuss and share ideas on the forum.

• Caro said:
    mjeffs said:
    Hi

Cheers
    Mark

Hello Mark old pal, remember me? You were my mentor at that large national firm! :smile:  

How do Caroline - nice article in Professional Paraplanner
  • Hi all. I'm a relatively new (1 year's experience) Paraplanner and I'm almost Diploma qualified  Got the dreaded R06 on 16th April and starting a new job on 30th! Yes, I know, glutton for punishment! Is anyone else doing R06 this April too? Nice to feel like you're not alone is all :)
  • Nimbob3rd said:
    Hi all. I'm a relatively new (1 year's experience) Paraplanner and I'm almost Diploma qualified  Got the dreaded R06 on 16th April and starting a new job on 30th! Yes, I know, glutton for punishment! Is anyone else doing R06 this April too? Nice to feel like you're not alone is all :)
    Hi Nimbob3rd
    I am also sitting the RO6 exam in April. I found out today that the case studies will be sent out tomorrow so keep an eye on your emails!