AF2/Equivalent Exam?

Hello,

Unfortunately, I was a bit late to the party and missed the CII AF2 exam (business planning) before they withdrew it. However, after reading the content it seems really interesting and something I would have liked to have completed. As far as I am aware, there are no plans to reinstate it, so does anyone know of any qualifications/exams that are broadly similar? I have had a look at the CISI qualification/exam framework but can't seem to find anything.

Thank you,

Anick

Comments

• SA96SA96 Member

Not really. The majority of business financial planning is normally left to accountants and that's why I think the demand for AF2 was so low. What didn't help AF2 was that it was such a difficult exam, lots of people chose the easier coursework routes.

As somebody who has sat and passed AF2, I would recommend just reading up on business protection as that's the most a financial planner would get involved with. AF2's study book had a lot of information about entity types and capital financing. That is usually reserved for the accountant, so it is not an area a financial planner would get involved with.

• Was interested in sitting this exam myself as the firm I work for is starting to see a lot of opportunity in this area and getting more suitability report requests coming through.

I know that the CII have made the 2020 version of the AF2 text available online to view, which is in HTML format. Would anyone happen to have a PDF version of this text book? Happy to pay & would be fairly sure the CII wouldn't have an issue with this being shared as the exam is no longer available. I would like to use the text as part of our internal paraplanners referencing folder.