AF7 July 2020

Hi everyone,

Anyone sitting AF7 in July and want to share material costs? I have bought the Expert Pensions Exam Style Questions and Answers book if anyone would like a copy.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator

Hello everyone...as preparation for exams takes off, we thought we'd remind you of this post on sharing paid for materials. Check the licenses or your purchase agreement don't prohibit it :)

• How did you find the exam? I thought it was a little harder than any previous papers I used in revision!

• PSA456PSA456 Member

Same! the previous papers I used to revise from made me feel like I could pass it...... but after taking the exam I think its safe to say I will have to retake it :(
    Did you buy any material or go on any courses for it ?

• Me too, I felt relatively good going into the exam based on past paper results. But the two case studies were really quite in-depth and a fair bit to take in - for mocks usually I would find there was one smaller case study and a larger one, whereas this felt like two, A4 pages packed with details.

The system wasn't the smoothest to use either if you wanted to go back and review questions... I know a couple of instances of people "clearing" their answers, rather than "editing" as the buttons were next to each other!

I got the study package from Expert Pensions which was really good - especially helped with structure while WFH.

Fingers crossed!!

• PSA456PSA456 Member

I got the Expert Pensions material too and thought it was quite good and helpful!
    Yeh the system wasn't ideal but figured it out. I also heard of people accidentally 'clearing' their answers with very little time to remember what they had wrote to re-write it.

I thought the questions were like two questions in 1 whereas all the past questions I had seen were just a straight forward question to answer... and yes the case studies were very long compared to what I had seen before......

And now for the loooooooong wait !! Good luck !