CF6

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone would have any study notes or revision aids for the CII CF6 exam? I'm usually inundated with different options for exams I've previously taken (the R0 exams) but revision options for this one seem a bit thin on the ground. I'm thinking about purchasing the CII's own 'learn online tutorial' if there's nothing else - would anyone recommend this? From past experience I quite like the Aviva/Brand financial study notes but doesn't seem to be much for this one.

Cheers!

Comments

• Hi Planter,

I've just received my CII material for this exam and am looking to take it in 2 months time (literally just booked it for 03/03). For all my previous R0 exams I purchased the Brand exams for a wider range of questions! You'll probably be able to pick these up on a forum here or even outdated ones which will be fine.

When are you thinking of taking the exam?

Steven

• Hey both, I'm about to get my learning underway to take the exam, wondering if either of you have the CII book, just wondering how dry it is?

For the R01-6 I used different materials, always found the CII book rather hard to stay focused on!

• planter12planter12 Member
    edited February 2020

Hi both, sorry for the really late reply! I managed to pass this exam just last week.

Gupalg, to be honest with you I found the CII book really dry but as I mentioned there seems to be limited alternative study materials for this one. What I did in the end was purchase the CII key facts book and just learned that - which covered 95% of the questions in the exam. It was still more time consuming than I would have liked, but seemed to be the only alternative to wading through the whole book - however it definitely felt much more manageable and less repetitive than their full study text!

• @planter12 said:
    Hi both, sorry for the really late reply! I managed to pass this exam just last week.

Gupalg, to be honest with you I found the CII book really dry but as I mentioned there seems to be limited alternative study materials for this one. What I did in the end was purchase the CII key facts book and just learned that - which covered 95% of the questions in the exam. It was still more time consuming than I would have liked, but seemed to be the only alternative to wading through the whole book - however it definitely felt much more manageable and less repetitive than their full study text!

This is exactly what I done and passed 2 weeks ago. it is not the most challenging exam, and I am hoping R07 builds on it that little bit more.

• fab thanks both! Luckily bought the Key Facts Book and so I may just take a similar route to you, i do agree though after looking aoround there's not much else to go for! Well done both on passing! :smiley:

• Gupalg & Planter12 - dont suppose either of you still have CF6 key facts book and want to sell it on do you ???