invidion.uk - New Investment Bond Tool

We are pleased to inform you of the release of a new Investment Bond Chargeable Event calculator.

This is geared towards more complex scenarios, such as encashment of multiple investment bonds in the same tax year. It can also take into account factors such as previous increments, segment encashments, policy loans, and different levels of withdrawals from individual segments. It will also calculate whether such encashments will incur a tax charge, based on current income. It will allow you to retain calculations and rerun them at a future date.

Also, we plan to add features to analyse how to extract a given amount of money from a collection of Investment Bonds in the most tax-efficient manner.

You will need to register in order to access this site.

http://bondcalc.invidion.uk

Comments

• Hi,

Having already registered and tested it out this morning on a case i'm working on, there seems to be a couple of minor bugs in the system. Specifically, on the withdrawals page which has changed figures I input into the system before validation, and every time I overwrite and re validate the figures it reverts to the same numbers again. I've tried changing everything to 0 and validating but that hasn't worked either. I've also tried the resetting by changing the 'mode'.

Apart from that, this looks really promising!

• I'll sort this out ASAP.

• Hi Jamie,

That particular issue should hopefully be resolved now. It was only affecting a few random cases, so it took a bit of time to figure out. However, you should be able to over-write previous values now. I also made some other minor adjustments and fixes.

I don't look on this forum every day, so if there are any issues, the quickest way to contact me is to send an email to bondcalc@invidion.uk

Neil.

• bondCALC has just undergone a major update. Primarily this is a bug-fix update, which fixes numerous issues, but with the following enhancements:

• Increased built-in security
    • Streamlined generation of PDF documents that are more printer-friendly.

Existing users can log-in as normal. For new users, this app offers the following advantages over the Investment Bond Top-Slicing Calculator on the invidion site when a calculation is less than straightforward:

• Multiple Investment Bonds can be entered and stored, and aggregate chargeable gain calculations can be worked out for multiple encashments.
    • Takes into account factors such as increments, segment encashments and policy loans.
    • Can be fine tuned at a segment level if needed.
    • Based upon the policyholder's level of taxable income, will calculate whether any surrenders will trigger a chargeable event and demand for additional income tax.

Also, the encashment scenario analysis module will be available shortly after testing has concluded (estimated timescale mid to late December). As an example, if an individual has several investment bonds, and wishes to raise a certain amount of money, this will work out the potential tax consequences of several scenarios such as:

• Encashments across all segments
    • Segment surrender only
    • A mixture of encashments and segment surrenders.

It takes into account accumulated allowances and potential gains on a segment level. Obviously, tax alone is not the only factor to be taken into consideration in such a scenario, but it is still an important factor, as it can make the difference between a large or a trivial (even zero) chargeable event.

The web-app can be found at https://bondcalc.invidion.uk - You will need to register for access if you are not a current user.