Seeking opportunities for a future in paraplanning! Any tips & advice much appreciated!

Hi everyone!

Newbie here! I am looking for a way into the world of paraplanning! As someone without the necessary experience in the field, my thinking is that I need to start in an administrator/ trainee paraplanner role with a view to doing exams and progressing inhouse to a paraplanner role. I was wondering if anyone is aware of current vacancies for financial services administrator roles (with opportunity to train as paraplanner)? Or if you have any tips on specific websites, firms that have previously offered similar roles or just resources in general, I would love to hear about it.

To offer a bit of background on myself; I am based In Southampton so looking for roles in the wider Southampton, Bournemouth, Winchester and Fareham area. I have previously worked as an administrator for OMW/Quilter, so I have a bit of background in financial services but not necessarily the paraplanning aspect of it. I have a Master's degree in Biotechnology, so a bit of a change of fields for me but I learn quicker on the job which is I am looking to combine hands on experience with studying for the necessary qualifications.

I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts and thank you so much for any advice.

Cheers!

Comments