Where to start for researching Sharia/Islamic compliant investments

Hi everyone,

For the first time, we have had a client who requires an investment strategy which is Sharia/Islamic compliant. I have done some initial searches on our existing software but cannot find anything definitive/concrete which is of any help.

I have tried running a filter on FE analytics under Investment Focus: Islamic/Sharia, but the search results seem incredibly limited, and when I have spot checked some of the fund's (of which I have never heard of) literature, it makes no reference to Sharia/Islamic compliance and so I am not sure if these funds are even complaint.

Does anyone have any research tools/companies/software which is able to definitively filter funds which would potentially be suitable, so we can then assess asset allocation and risk?

Any help in this field is appreciated.

Thanks

Wild

Comments

• Sam_TSam_T Member

Hi

I would run a search on FE using the terms 'shariah' and 'islamic' - don't forget to search both UK unit trusts and OEICs but also offshore 'FCA recognised' providers.

It may not bring up all of those that apply, but would get you something to start with - other than workplace pension options, I don't think there are more than about 12 options available for general investment.

• @Sam_T said:
    Hi

I would run a search on FE using the terms 'shariah' and 'islamic' - don't forget to search both UK unit trusts and OEICs but also offshore 'FCA recognised' providers.

It may not bring up all of those that apply, but would get you something to start with - other than workplace pension options, I don't think there are more than about 12 options available for general investment.

If you use the Fund Filters tab, you can select Investment Characteristics then use the dropdown for Investment Focus to select Sharia. You can then filter for your other requirements.