CISI certificate in paraplanning

Hi - thinking about studying for this L4 qualification. Does it make make any difference in which order you do the modules -
* Financial Planning & Advice
* Investment, Risk and Taxation
Thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks A

Comments

• Hi A,

From memory, there isn't really much knowledge in one that builds on the other as they cover quite different things, so I think in that respect it wouldn't make a huge difference which one you do first.

For what it's worth, I found Financial Planning & Advice to be easier than Investment, Risk and Taxation because the material is less technical and also a bit less dry, and I think the textbook is shorter too. It might be nice to get IR&T out of the way and then move on to FP&A (which is what I did) or alternatively you might prefer to ease in with FP&A and leave the slightly more difficult one for last.

There is no correct way, though!

• Personally I'd recommend getting the Investment, Risk & Taxation exam out the way first.

If you have R02 & R03 with CII you can apply for an exemption for this Unit.

https://cisi.org/cisiweb2/cisi-website/study-with-us/financial-planning/certificate-in-paraplanning

Steven