Synaptic Product & Fund v Defaqto Engage

We currently use Defaqto Engage to help carry out product research when making recommendations to generate a manageable shortlist of suitable products that we then review in more detail.  

However I have managed to find a couple of errors with it recently so I was looking at other options.

I have just found out that we can get a Synaptic Product & Fund licence through our compliance support provider for less than half the price we pay for Defaqto Engage.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which one is best, or are there any other products you can recommend that do the same thing? 

Comments

• richallumrichallum Administrator
    We've had defaqto and now have synaptic and found errors in both.   :'(

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• Thanks Richard, not what I was hoping to hear though.    

Can I ask were the errors you spotted due to things showing up when they should have been removed by filters, or things being excluded by filters that should have been included?

The error I have found have been down to products being included in shortlists when the filters should have excluded them.  Not ideal but I suppose it is better to have them on the shortlist and then be able to discount them rather than not having them there at all.  
  • richallumrichallum Administrator
    Both Peter. Also issue like minimum/maximum not being correct for some products etc.  We only use them now for very high level filtering and then do our own research.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• Hi Richard and Peter. I'm a Relationship Manager for Synaptic. All data is signed off by providers and our research team each month, but errors can occur. I would like to investigate for you. Email me if you'd like to discuss, I'm always keen to work through any issues for clients. Steph.hydon@synaptic.co.uk