Sitting Exams CII

Out of curiosity. How long did it take you to pass the each RO Exam (Roughly) and then the full diploma as well as any people doing AF exam and received the full chartered status ?

Comments

• This depends if you are a full time student or working at the same time. Email us at solutions@bespoketrainingsolutions.com or call us on 01748 822777 to have a chat Luiza

• KP23KP23 Member

Took me about 6 months to pass the Diploma whilst working. AF exams are slightly harder as they have set dates which are spaced out. Did my first one in July last year and need one more for the advanced diploma which I can do at the end of the year, so roughly a year and a half?

• @KP23 said:
    Took me about 6 months to pass the Diploma whilst working. AF exams are slightly harder as they have set dates which are spaced out. Did my first one in July last year and need one more for the advanced diploma which I can do at the end of the year, so roughly a year and a half?

Thank you for your reply. Was this the CII route you took ? If so may I just ask how you went about studying for the exam. Was it just study as much as I can for the period until you past it or did you have a particular method.

• petorbpetorb Member

From starting from** complete** scratch I have the Diploma, equity release, care, 2/3 paraplanner essays (hopefully passed anyway!) and AF8.

I changed my career in Jan 2020 and worked pretty hard on passing the exams, quickly, I thought

So it's a slog but I quite enjoy them.

• Thank you very much. Good luck with continuing your development

• @petorb said:
    From starting from** complete** scratch I have the Diploma, equity release, care, 2/3 paraplanner essays (hopefully passed anyway!) and AF8.

I changed my career in Jan 2020 and worked pretty hard on passing the exams, quickly, I thought

So it's a slog but I quite enjoy them.

That's fantastic. Well done. Are you working full time and just putting a lot of hours each week into your development ? How do you go about the exams, like studying for them should I say and would give any advice ?

• petorbpetorb Member

yeah working full time but tbh I've (sometimes) prioritised study over my actual job so don't copy me! Expert Pensions was the best site I found but expensive, Brand are good (check out free sample) and Wizard Learning tests also good. I liked doing practice tests just because they are more fun.

• KP23KP23 Member

@Asturgess said:

@KP23 said:

Thank you for your reply. Was this the CII route you took ? If so may I just ask how you went about studying for the exam. Was it just study as much as I can for the period until you past it or did you have a particular method.

Yep CII route, so 6 RO exams, roughly an exam a month. My process was to go through the book making notes on anything I didn't already know and then try as many practice papers as I could find. I tend to remember stuff better if I have re-written it in my own notes rather than just read it from a book.

RO3 is the only exam where I really struggled with time, so would maybe suggest practising with time papers a lot more for this or it could catch you out. Hope that helps! I only used Wizard Learning for RO6 personally, as it is really helpful with providing suggest questions they think the paper will ask based on the case study provided.