Inflation rates in cash flow

Does anyone know a cash flow tool that allows different rates of inflation to apply at different times? EG - 7% for next 5 years then 3% pa.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

Comments

• Hi Richard, you can apply 'Steps' to entries on Voyant - would that help?

• richallumrichallum Administrator

@Gustavo_Fring Good call @benjaminfabi - do you know if this is possible?

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• If you enter an expense i.e 'Utilities', you can specify the inflation rate as 7%, then you can add a 'Step' in five years (you will need to link the step to an event on the timeline), and instruct it to apply an inflation rate of 3%, thereafter.

Thanks. I'm trying to do it across the whole forecast so that the discount rate applied to bring back to today's terms is stepped.

• Only what Gustavo says re stepping down on specific expenses.

I'm not really sure what you mean about discount rate, but I would avoid using a global step up/down in inflation. I'd do a separate scenario showing a different rate.

Benjamin Fabi 

@benjaminfabi I'm with you on different scenarios. I've been asked if this feature is possible so just looking around.

• Hi Rich
    As has already been said above Voyant allows you to do this via the stepdown route. You would just need to either have 1 'lifestyle expenses' which encompassed everything and then step down from 7 to 3 as you refer, or you would have to make sure each expense item was stepped down.
    But in short, yes Voyant can do this.

Nathan