Most efficient strategy to pass R01 to R06?

Hi all,

I've made the decision to start studying towards the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. I've been doing some research and I'm trying to work out the most efficient way to pass each exam.

From what I can gather, the BTS study guides are very useful and the BrandFT mock exams are also of a similar style to the exam. Has anyone gone down the route of using third party providers and not purchasing the CII books? I'd appreciate any advice that anyone else has regarding the exams.

Many thanks!

Comments

• I used solely CII for R01 to R05 but then used Brand FT to help with the written R06. I did it all just over a year including 1 re-take for R05.

• @rwooffatst said:
    I used solely CII for R01 to R05 but then used Brand FT to help with the written R06. I did it all just over a year including 1 re-take for R05.

I'm stuck between just buying the CII material or going solely with the BTS stuff. The BTS documents may be timesaving in the long run is my thinking but not entirely sure.

• Hi there,

If you’re looking to use a different provider/to discover all of your options, I work for The Art of Finance and we have lots of different resources for the R01-R06 exams!

• I used CII for R01 and found it hard going. Used BTS for R05 and really recommend them, very in depth and not at all dry
  • I have to say with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I purchased some more of the BTS stuff. Some of their material looks great. That being said I should add that the tests that come with the CII materials have been really useful when testing my knowledge.
    R01 is dry and tedious
    R02/3/4 are technical and will require your knowledge to be on point to pass
    R05 is a nice break from the technical and in my opinion you could probably use an alternative resource (BTS or BrandFT) on it’s own and pass.

The CII guides and exam tests are not the same as the actual exam format. They style is different. Hard to explain but it just is. They were extremely useful in getting me to learn from my mistakes. If I was to do it again, I would still certainly purchase the CII study support, download all the available exams from the CII website and if you can afford to, get some of the BTS and/or BrandFT revision materials to support the CII materials.