Cash Flow Modelling

Hi all - we, as a firm, are looking into different cash flow modelling tools.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide any insight into how different firms charge for cash flow modelling work?

If it is used as part of a review, do you charge a different fee?

Any insight would be good - thanks!!

Comments

• Hi

I work with at least a dozen firms who use cash flow. It's part of the service proposition and doesn't have a separate fee.
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • One of my clients wanted a cashflow model done. At the time it was a standalone piece of work, so I charged for it.

The case did actually progress to further work, so the fee I charged for the CFM was deducted from the final invoice

• In my opinion, cashflow should be part of the service agreement and shouldn't be charged separately.

• Agree with @TimMatthias. Should form part of the demonstrating advice and be included within the fees.

• I agreed to do that work as a standalone piece as there was no guarantee that it would lead to anything further.

For IFAs, I agree that it should form part of their service proposition, but I'm not going to turn work away from a client if it's just a cashflow model. As it turns out, it did turn into a nice piece of business for them and for me, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.