DB Transfer

Afternoon all

To cut a long story short (and through a few very particular circumstances), we have found ourselves with a situation where a client has a relatively short time where they could elect to transfer a S32 pension with safeguarded rights, as they are approaching the point where GMP is payable (e.g. in about a month).

We're trying to be helpful, and whilst we do have DB permissions, we aren't quite sure about our capacity / appetite to undertake this particular piece of work.

There is no presumption about the outcome - just that an analysis / advice would be required.

Does anyone have any good recommendations / suggestions for any reputable firms who could either (a) conduct the analysis and write a report, but we sign off the advice, or (b) undertake the analysis, write the report, and sign off the advice themselves?

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Comments

• richallumrichallum Administrator

Hi Pedro,

We do (a) for our adviser clients as outsourced paraplanners. This would involve TVC, APTA and report based on the facts and client objectives. Not regulated of course so it would be your name on the report and you give the advice etc. We're at capacity right now so couldn't help but if that is an option you want to look at, try Dan.

For (b) there are transfer bureau services out there but I can't recommend any. Google is your friend there.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• PedroPedro Member

Thanks @richallum , that's helpful.

• Someone I work with does all the work - they would look after the client through the whole process and pass them back to you when the work is done.

If you want me to put you in touch, please send me a message

• @Pedro said:
    Afternoon all

To cut a long story short (and through a few very particular circumstances), we have found ourselves with a situation where a client has a relatively short time where they could elect to transfer a S32 pension with safeguarded rights, as they are approaching the point where GMP is payable (e.g. in about a month).

We're trying to be helpful, and whilst we do have DB permissions, we aren't quite sure about our capacity / appetite to undertake this particular piece of work.

There is no presumption about the outcome - just that an analysis / advice would be required.

Does anyone have any good recommendations / suggestions for any reputable firms who could either (a) conduct the analysis and write a report, but we sign off the advice, or (b) undertake the analysis, write the report, and sign off the advice themselves?

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Hi Pedro,

Do you want to give me your email, or perhaps send an email to Dan@Bespoke-Paraplanning.co.uk and we'll have a chat around the client and any work that may need doing (should there be a need for it based on the clients circumstances).

Thanks

Dan

• PedroPedro Member

Hi Andy / Dan , thanks so much for your responses. I'm just exploring an option now which seems to have some merit, so if that doesn't go anywhere I'll be back in touch with you about any further help.

Iit's all moved very quickly, so thanks for taking the time to reply and offers of assistance - more evidence of the power of this community!