AF8

2»

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator

Hi everyone

We've updated our position on offers to share paid for and licensed materials in the Big Tent. We've updated it here but thought we'd share here too...

Paraplanners are a caring, sharing bunch and that's a good thing. Occasionally we see discussions about sharing paid for exam preparation materials in this forum. If you’ve paid for support material, it’s very likely you’ve agreed to terms and conditions that prohibit sharing.

While the motivation is undoubtedly generous, sharing can affect the businesses that produce these materials and, if persistent and widespread, will undermine their sustainability.

We want to support the businesses that help paraplanners, especially in this important field, which is why we will immediately delete any post that talks about sharing materials. We'd encourage you to check the terms you've agreed to before making any offers.

• As a training provider, we're unable to provide assistance with specific assignments but here are some general pointers that might help:

https://www.pstgroup.co.uk/af8-retirement-income-planning/

• Hi all,

I think I'm a little behind everyone else as I'm working on assignment 1, then plan to try and do them one after the other but my time is short. Can any help me answer the following:

1) If I submit and fail, how many "re submits" do I get per assignment allowing for the 40 day period and are they free? Could you submit, fail (edit the same answer), resubmit, fail (edit again), resubmit etc.

2) It looks like the feedback is not great so has anyone had any luck getting more detail out of the Cii or is it not worth the effort?

3) It strikes me that one of the most important parts will be getting the asset allocation, risk make up and projected growth for the investments correct. Are there any standard "funds" or "asset allocations" that people have found that will help with cash flow?

Any help would be great.

• Hi all,

I think I'm a little behind everyone else as I'm working on assignment 1, then plan to try and do them one after the other but my time is short. Can any help me answer the following:

1) If I submit and fail, how many "re submits" do I get per assignment allowing for the 40 day period and are they free? Could you submit, fail (edit the same answer), resubmit, fail (edit again), resubmit etc.

2) It looks like the feedback is not great so has anyone had any luck getting more detail out of the Cii or is it not worth the effort?

3) It strikes me that one of the most important parts will be getting the asset allocation, risk make up and projected growth for the investments correct. Are there any standard "funds" or "asset allocations" that people have found that will help with cash flow?

Any help would be great.

• Hi everyone!

Just an update from my side, I have passed my AF8 unit! (only just though, as I got 50/50 on assignment 3)

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be without much guidance, however I am pleased it's done now and 30 credits in the bag. I am doing J05 in the May sitting...

Good luck to everyone still doing this one!

• @sdeighton well done!

did you use any exam support such as Expert Pensions etc? I'm tempted to buy their study package if it means I increase my chances of passing and not purchasing resubmissions/ completely failing.

• Pleased to say ive now finally passed AF8.

• I passed all three in a month or so, was in exam mode at the time so happy to share any tips if needed

• @MLokhandwala said:
    Pleased to say ive now finally passed AF8.

Congratulations!!

I've just passed my first assignment and clearly should get cracking with the other two if @Yonkers420 managed all three in a month (amazing!)