R06 October - Study buddy?

2»

Comments

• @mrb said:
    Hi Everyone

I’m trying to grow a bit of a watsapp group chat for these case studies as I find that it’ll be very useful for everyone to bounce around ideas or even test each other on certain topics.

If it’s something you think you may benefit from please drop me a message on 07880493391 and we can get the group growing.

The more people the better!!

Great idea, thanks for this. I'll drop you a msg now to join. Cheers!

• @jwr21 said:

@mrb said:
    Hi Everyone

I’m trying to grow a bit of a watsapp group chat for these case studies as I find that it’ll be very useful for everyone to bounce around ideas or even test each other on certain topics.

If it’s something you think you may benefit from please drop me a message on 07880493391 and we can get the group growing.

The more people the better!!

good idea, I'm in.

anyone got their exam permit through yet?
    I'm still seeing "your exam is ready to book" (I booked ages ago and the system won't let me book again), getting a bit twitchy

I was hoping to do the exam via remote invigilation but PSI emailed me to confirm that's not happening with the Oct R06, but may happen in January. I had to book it at the South London (Croydon) test centre - anyone else going there?!

• I should be receiving my order from Wizard Learning of their 'expected solutions package' for the Oct R06.

I've also downloaded a handy 30-page guide called 'How to Pass the R06 2020/21'.

Although obvious, it does have some useful reminders to help you focus in on key areas of the case studies.

For example:

• The case studies will state the clients’ financial objectives and the questions will be largely based on these objectives, so prepare a list of further info that you'd require in order to give advice on each of the client objectives.
    • If a product or other technical issue is mentioned then list in advance all of the relevant features, advantages and disadvantages.
    • always relate your answers to the case studies. Any recommendations must be clearly addressed to the
      clients’ specific needs and objectives.

Common failings in RO6 are:
    • Answers that are not specific to the case study. Therefore relate your recommendations to the client’s circumstances.
    • Lack of detail. Where you are making recommendations, ensure that you set out all features, advantages and disadvantages, risks and taxation treatment.

Good luck everyone!

• So did everyone else have the same palava as last July? You’d think after that debacle they’d have throughly tested the system by now.
  • @spindo said:
    So did everyone else have the same palava as last July? You’d think after that debacle they’d have throughly tested the system by now.

Do you mean a screen timeout after about 2 and a half hours requiring you to retype the question you've just answered? If that's the one then yes.

• There's nothing more concerning than a white blank screen with the only word on the screen reading as 'exit' - that happened for sure.

• Well I guess it was just the test center I was at then, we didn’t start until 2:30pm!!