FE Bulk Code Importer

Hey All

I just discovered this tool in FE and was amazed at how easy it is to use. Excuse the excitement, I just thought it makes all of our lives a little easier.

N

Comments

• It's extremely useful; been using it for a few years. Did you know that you can also transfer portfolio data from a Transact client into FE either at wrapper level or at all fund level? (I've no idea if this can be done with other platforms).

• amarshallamarshall Member, Moderator

Can be done from Enable too

• Love this function of FE, using it in combination with the KII/KID document generator is a real time saver too.

• @richardgough said:
    It's extremely useful; been using it for a few years. Did you know that you can also transfer portfolio data from a Transact client into FE either at wrapper level or at all fund level? (I've no idea if this can be done with other platforms).

Richard how do you do this?

FYI if you are an IO user, and you get daily portfolio feeds, then you can integrate an FE license to a user on IO and send the data that way for any plan in IO.

Benjamin Fabi 
  • @benjaminfabi said:

@richardgough said:
    It's extremely useful; been using it for a few years. Did you know that you can also transfer portfolio data from a Transact client into FE either at wrapper level or at all fund level? (I've no idea if this can be done with other platforms).

Richard how do you do this?

FYI if you are an IO user, and you get daily portfolio feeds, then you can integrate an FE license to a user on IO and send the data that way for any plan in IO.

You need to input your FE login details somewhere (i think in account options somewhere) - then when you're on a client an FE button appears on the portfolio valuation page next to each account and the main portfolio which you just click on and voila!

• Thanks @Jamie_Barnes

Benjamin Fabi 
  • This post has made me wish there was the ability to emojify a polite cricket applause

• richallumrichallum Administrator

👨🏻‍💻👏🏏

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• I used the Transact thing the other day as well for the first time, so thanks @richardgough

• @benjaminfabi - sorry for not replying; have been off work for 10 days; thank you @Jamie_Barnes for replying "on my behalf"!!

• @richardgough said:
    @benjaminfabi - sorry for not replying; have been off work for 10 days; thank you @Jamie_Barnes for replying "on my behalf"!!

No problem :smile:

My new favourite toy on FE at the moment is the dynamic link function through excel - it has so many useful applications (mostly for investment committee or fund research functions). If anyone is interested in knowing about that i'd be happy to explain.

• benjaminfabibenjaminfabi Moderator
    edited February 2019
    I can confidently answer on behalf of everyone to say that we are all interested in this!

Maybe a new thread though
    Benjamin Fabi