Back office software

Hi All,

What back office software / database do you all use? And how would you rate them?

I'm in the enviable (?) position of reviewing all our software and coming up with a new proposition for the company.

We currently use Adviser Office; they will upgrade us for free to Xplan... but I've heard rumours about this not being great.

I'm hearing good things about Intelligent Office. Has anyone made the switch? How did you find it?

Thanks,
Sam

Comments

• We have to use XPlan as it is ingrained into our networks processes, but.......

It's so bad we've actauly built our own CRM using Salesforce and use that on a day to day basis only uploading to XPlan the min we have to for compliance checks, fees etc.

• We moved to Intelligent Office 18 months ago. Has everything we need, but only just getting down to the nitty gritty parts of what we really wanted to use it for. We drew up a plan of what we wanted then put this to the providers to see what they came back with. iO fitted us best. (4 RIs, valuations, income matching, workflows etc)

• IO has come a long way in the last 10 years. When I first used it, it was not a good experience, to put it mildly. Now, with technology improvements, and the ability to integrate with a lot of 3rd party providers, plus it's own inbuilt document storage and the ability to send secure messages, it's got to be one of your top considerations

• IO is what we use too. I believe the firm used XPlan before I started but it was so bad we dropped it almost instantly.

Having Document Designer to store and edit templates for our reports is a big plus point for IO imo.

• Thank you all for your feedback, seems to reflect what I'm hearing elsewhere too.

I've had a walkthrough of IO and it does seem fairly intuitive. I had a look at Xplan too, but didn't quite gel with it.

Now to convince the director... :smile:

• We use Enable via Creative Technologies (included in cost of being under the Best Practice Network although you can purchase if directly regulated). Have been very impressed and they are always improving the features. Its reasonably similar to IO in my opinion and both have their own client portal's as well. I suppose it will depend on what you value most, what platforms/providers you use, whether they link with said back office etc etc

• @Nath said:
    We use Enable via Creative Technologies (included in cost of being under the Best Practice Network although you can purchase if directly regulated). Have been very impressed and they are always improving the features. Its reasonably similar to IO in my opinion and both have their own client portal's as well. I suppose it will depend on what you value most, what platforms/providers you use, whether they link with said back office etc etc

+1 for Enable.

I've found it a really good CRM to use.