R06 workshops/guides

Hello

I'm trying to finish off my exams this year. I currently have R01-03 and I'm hoping to sit R04 in a few weeks, R05 in early Sept and then the October sitting of R06. It seemed like a good plan when I started with R02 in May (already had 1 and 3) but I'm struggling to keep going with R04 and I have two young children that I feel like I'm neglecting a bit, so I think it's going to be a real push! I just keep thinking of a Christmas free of study guilt!

On which note, I want to make R06 as easy for myself as possible, and I don't mind the costs involved too much, as it will just be a relief to finally get everything done. I was looking at the one day workshop in Crawley on 30/09 as a possible option, but there seems to be such a range of prices in the various workshops and variation in one day/two day, so I'm worried that as it's a cheap one day course that there might be better ones out there. I'd love to hear any that you can personally recommend or not recommend.

Also, are there are other good ways to study, such as written analysis of the case studies and likely questions that get published quickly in those final two weeks? For the earlier studying should I go for CII enrolment/enrolment plus/another provider?

Sorry for loads of questions, but it's so different to the other exams that relying on people who have done it seems to be the best way to weigh it all up!

Comments

• Firstly, don't let it stress you out. If it's a push to get it done, it's really no problem to wait until April for R06 (and this would allow you Christmas off too). Your wellbeing is priority over anything work-related.

I agree the best way to learn is training days. You learn as much in a day as you would in a week by reading the text books.

I took my exams 6 years ago so was lucky that courses were plentiful as advisers moved up to Level 4 for RDR.

I did however pay for Verridian (alongside the freebies that providers offered at the time). I learnt alot from them, but not sure what they're like now.

good luck!

• @arongunningham said:
    Firstly, don't let it stress you out. If it's a push to get it done, it's really no problem to wait until April for R06 (and this would allow you Christmas off too). Your wellbeing is priority over anything work-related.

I agree the best way to learn is training days. You learn as much in a day as you would in a week by reading the text books.

I took my exams 6 years ago so was lucky that courses were plentiful as advisers moved up to Level 4 for RDR.

I did however pay for Verridian (alongside the freebies that providers offered at the time). I learnt alot from them, but not sure what they're like now.

good luck!

Thank you for this, and apologies for taking so long to find your reply. I'm really keen to get R06 out of the way so I can get back to proper family time. But my compromise may be to take R05 after R06 (but get the textbook now so i can read through it to gather the info i will need for R06). I'm being really held up by R04, where i keep failing the CII question pack tests, and knowing that they're easy compared to the actual test so I'm a way off being able to take it!!