AF4 - with J10?

I am currently working towards the Advanced Diploma and am planning to sit AF4 in October... is it worthwhile doing J10 at the same time? (the exam is online so could be slightly before/after).

I will have sufficient credits once I have passed all of the required AF units; it doesn't look like Fellowship is based on having a certain number of credits anymore unless I'm missing something on the website?

We don't currently provide a discretionary investment service for clients, but this could obviously change in the future.

Comments

• Hi,

PFS Fellowship is based on 350 credits. 290 of these must come from attainment of the advanced diploma.

I did AF4 and while I was waiting for the results I took J10 and J12. 70 credits all for the same syllabus, plus as you say, J10 is a DFM qualification and also J12 is a stockbrocking one.

It's an absolute no brainer.

Benjamin Fabi 
  • Totally agree, I did J10 and AF4 but stupidly didn't do J12 and rather regret this, particularly as it was three years ago and I'd need to get my study head back on...

• njm42njm42 Member

Thank you both

When I was looking on the PFS website I kept missing the paragraph saying you needed 350 credits for Fellowship - I think my eyes went straight to the bullet points towards the bottom, and the application process!

Will do J10 alongside then, and will have a look at how many additional credits I will need - I think it might just be one other exam in addition to the remaining Advanced Papers... J12 looks interesting, but will depend on budget!