Another Aggregated Charges Disclosure question

edited July 2019 in Technical stuff

In your aggregated charges table - do you list the charges for each fund individually or the weighted average of all?

If you show them separately and you have 2 funds which both cost 0.80% and it made up 50:50 of the portfolio, do you show the cost as 0.40% each or 0;80% each?

Comments

• @arongunningham said:
    In your aggregated charges table - do you list the charges for each fund individually or the weighted average of all?

If you show them separately and you have 2 funds which both cost 0.80% and it made up 50:50 of the portfolio, do you show the cost as 0.40% each or 0;80% each?

I do a weighted average, certainly for the advisers I work with who still do 'fund picking' (sigh!) and have 12+ investments in each portfolio. I put a disclaimer at the bottom that the fund charge is calculated on this basis

• Weighted average - we have the individual charges held on file.

• Agree with @AndyRichards and @Suse1969.

I have the following components in my SR table:

Adviser initial
    Adviser ongoing
    Product initial
    Product ongoing
    Investment initial
    Investment ongoing

Obviously they're not all relevant every time. Each is shown as a monetary figure and a percentage.
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • Thanks guys - my thinking too.

The issue that was raised, kind of unique, was a SIPP managed by 2 DFMs on a near 50:50 basis.

I've decided to keep them separated for this - so there are 2 investment sections in the charge table. With the actual (rather than the weighted) AMC/OCFs shown elsewhere (in the investment recommendations).