Anyone used the i4C Cashflow Planning tool before?

Has anyone used the i4C Cashflow Planning tool? It looks quite promising, almost like a halfway house between CashCalc and Voyant in terms of functionality and significantly cheaper than Voyant.

Comments

• I trialed it and thought it was really very good. Some areas are equivalent or better than Voyant, particularly explaining what the charts are showing. I did find it a bit fiddly in parts but I suspect this is more to do with my familiarity with Voyant, which I find very easy to use.From what I understand from others, it is certainly a step up from CashCalc (I haven't used CashCalc so this is from third party feedback).

The only reason for not looking at it in more detail was a) we have been using Voyant since 2012 and have 1,500 clients loaded into it and b) we use some of the tools in Voyant which currently aren't available in i4C, but I was assured they are looking to develop some of these. It is certainly one I'll be keeping an eye on.

• I trialled it.

I liked the way it described the output as a narrative. Very SR friendly.

I felt it fell a way short of the functionality of cashcalc though and was nothing close to Voyant.

One to watch but not there yet for me.

Benjamin Fabi 
  • @TomLloyd_Read said:
    I trialed it and thought it was really very good. Some areas are equivalent or better than Voyant, particularly explaining what the charts are showing. I did find it a bit fiddly in parts but I suspect this is more to do with my familiarity with Voyant, which I find very easy to use.From what I understand from others, it is certainly a step up from CashCalc (I haven't used CashCalc so this is from third party feedback).

The only reason for not looking at it in more detail was a) we have been using Voyant since 2012 and have 1,500 clients loaded into it and b) we use some of the tools in Voyant which currently aren't available in i4C, but I was assured they are looking to develop some of these. It is certainly one I'll be keeping an eye on.

Regarding point b), which tools are you referring to?

• I like the Monte Carlo tool for stress testing comparison plans e.g. DB transfer or not, gift £X or not. I think this is really useful when a client is making irrevocable decisions. The quick life assurance and income protection tools are good, as is the IHT calculator (to compare the IHT payable in plan A and plan B).

I also really like the one page summary report produced in Voyant AdviserGo (the online version) which shows the required growth rate, any life assurance need, how much they need to save and how much they can afford to spend.

• I'm keeping an eye on them as I agree, it's not up to the main tools yet but I get the feeling it might.