Pension deductions from pay

Hi,

I'm having a brain freeze and in my head there are too many permutations of the answer to this simple question!

Client is a member of a GPP where the contribution rate is 7.5% employee. Old school basis, so a net contribution from net pay, with relief at source.

If they have a gross salary of £1,000 pm, what would you expect to see as the net monthly deduction on the payslip?

Benjamin Fabi 

Comments

• JonaJona Member
    edited June 2019

£75.......

(although you now have me doubting myself). 7.5% of gross pay (£1,000) = £75...

• richallumrichallum Administrator

£60

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• richallumrichallum Administrator

You've got the pension contribution as employer in that screenshot which could be causing an issue.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• Well if its a gpp it would be an employer's scheme? The results there show it as a RAS eligible contribution.

I'm the same as you Richard and expect to be seeing £60 from net pay but literally none of the online salary calculators are doing this no matter what type of scheme is selected.
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • JonaJona Member

Same if you mark it as PP albeit that is deduction from gross pay.

• JonaJona Member

But if it is deducted from net pay; then yes, £60 grossed up gives you your £75.

Your right @benjaminfabi brain freeze on a simple question.

• the question is: what is the gross contribution?