R06 - Study Time?

Hi All

I have my R01-R05 exams and now looking at bookiny R06 - primarily the dates are April or October, so I was about to book October, however there is a sitting in July if I travel to Manchester. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how long I need to study for this module and whether July would be too ambitious?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Depends on your overall experience and where your knowledge is at, I'd say. This may be a bit controversial (or not, perhaps) but I spent 18 months doing all R0 exams, sat R06 in January so you could say I had the majority of the info still fairly fresh in my head. I bought the Brand R06 analysis and as they release that two weeks before the exam, I waited until it was released and studied it every day until the actual exam. Passed with around 76% ish.

That's just my experience and I didn't buy the CII book as most people say it doesn't add anything to your knowledge anyway, so you'll probably get a wide variety of responses. I wouldn't say July would be too ambitious at all for you, but again, depends on your current knowledge.

Good luck anyway for when you do decide to sit it!

• Hi

That's great thanks for your help. I have done all of my R0 exams expect R06 in the last 2 years so I don't think I am far behind you! I have read a few people suggest not to buy the CII book for this one! Definitely going to start by looking at a few past cases and then gauge from there.

Thanks again!

• I have 7 past papers (2 from 2016, 3 from 2017 and 2 from 2018) which I can send you if you like? Only the 2016 papers have model answers though

• Hi Andy that would be great if you don’t mind. My email address is sarah.deighton@hotmail.co.uk thank you!