Low Risk Funds - Pension Funds

Hi All,

I have a new case I am working on, the client has a DB pension but after doing a quick check via assureweb if they took the transfer value being offered and used part of this they would get a much better annual pension than the scheme is offering.

My question is, potentially the client would have some of the transferred funds left over to invest rather than purchase an additional annuity. However the client has a very low attitude to risk score and our compliance department doesn't have any low risk funds on panel so I am looking else where at the options.

Has anyone used any low risk funds before that they wouldn't mind pointing me in the direct off so I can do some research on them.

Thank you in advance!

Lynsey

Comments

• I guess this begs the question - if she has a very low attitude to risk should she be investing or would a NS&I product or fixed rate cash account/equivalent be more suitable?

• Vanguard - LifeStrategy 20% Equity

• Thanks both, Andy I did originally put that question to the adviser but he was keen for me to look into an investment option as an extra option.

Thanks Arnongunningam - I completely forgot about the Vanguard funds. I shall look into it.