RO1 Exam

Hi Good afternoon all,

I am new to this forum so do excuse me if the answer I'm looking for has already been mentioned however I wanted to start the discussion on something which I'm working towards which is my RO1 and a few questions about it really.

I am really keen on one day in the future becoming an IFA, could anybody tell me how and why RO1 is so important?
I have just relocated so looking to find an administrational job in the finance sector with the hope and intent of getting the support to complete my exams.

Is cii the best route to go down? and price wise what are peoples opinions on membership pricing etc is it worth becoming a member as the price difference is rather huge with non members and members?

It seems more and more places, in order to get your foot in the door (for lack of a better word) to even be given a shot you need RO1 I guess its to say you have given it a go and are committed, so my intention at the moment is to save in order to purchase the RO1 material, do people have any advice with what package to go for as there are plenty, I like online and computer based learning material as opposed to reading a book for hours upon end.

I have done my London market of insurance qualification but it seems that doesn't have any plan in the financial planning capacity.

Overall I really just want a point of direction with what to route to go down independently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you all

Comments

• From my experience employers seem to value CII route and it is most widely recognised in the industry, in addition R01-5 does give you a good basic understanding of the relevant products etc.

Without being a member you cant display your credentials, i.e if you achieve level four your entitled to have your name followed by Dip PFS however you cannot do this without being a member.

If you are set on entering the industry, start with LP2 as it is broad in scope and will give you a good basic knowledge, then try R01-5.

• Once you have R01 you can advise, albeit under supervision. If you are planning on doing the exams quickly in succession you can save money by joining the CII, but it's not compulsory. Only when you get to Level 4 does it become a bit more important as @Yonkers420 has already mentioned