Advisers look to shift duties to paraplanners

richallumrichallum Administrator

Interesting article on a recent survey - here.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

Comments

• "Two thirds of surveyed advisers say paraplanners free up their time to do more valuable activities".

I found this interesting. Does it mean that a third of advisers feel writing reports, for instance, is a better use of their time than meeting clients, introducers and new business development?

• richallumrichallum Administrator

@TomLloyd_Read That's the conclusion I made.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• amarshallamarshall Member, Moderator

Or perhaps they don't have paraplanners

• amarshallamarshall Member, Moderator

Or we free up their time to do less valuable activities such golf ;)

• @amarshall said:
    Or we free up their time to do less valuable activities such golf ;)

I feel you there!

• What about fact finding? There is an article in Professional Paraplanner that questions whether we should conduct the fact find interview instead of the adviser.

My thoughts are that this should be done by the adviser, but accompanied by the paraplanner if it is felt appropriate. I asked my wife her thoughts and she would want the same person that took the fact find to be the one to present the advice. She said to me, if the paraplanner does the fact find interview, the research and report, what exactly does the adviser do?

• @Andy_Schleider said:"..... if the paraplanner does the fact find interview, the research and report, what exactly does the adviser do?"

I does beg the question doesn't it.

Can you not CF30 a firm / brand and just have a team of paraplanners.....

• Was nice to see my quote in the article!

• Andy I agree with your wife!