Sitting R01 examination in October but purchased materials in June

Hi All,

I purchased my materials for the R01 examination in June, and was planning on sitting my examination on August 30th. However, it now appears the examination in August can no longer be reserved, and my next available date is October 8th. I've no issue rescheduling for October 8th, but I was under the impression when talking with CII directly, that I should re-order new materials for the October exam, as the 'package' I purchased in June states the materials are for exam enrolment up to August 31st.

I just wanted to ask you guys if I need to purchase the new package for the October examination, or will my current materials be suffice? Will the exam by that much different in October compared to August?

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Comments

• BeckyJBeckyJ Member

Hi Newbie,

As far as I am aware the only things that will change in the exams after August is that it will be based on the 2018/2019 tax rules rather than 2017/2018. So if you're using these figures at work, you won't have to backdate your thinking for the exam!
    You definitely don't need to buy new materials.

• NewbieNewbie Member

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the response! That's reassuring I don't need to buy new materials, I'll go ahead and get the exam booked for October. I don't actually work in an industry related to Paraplanning/Financial Advice at the moment, so I don't use the figures at work unfortunately, but I'll keep this in mind and brush up on this knowledge.

Thanks again, really appreciate the support.