CISI now CII... - R04

Hi all,

New to the world of Paraplanning, I have contracted for 8 years and got my level 3 cert and level 4 diploma with CISI, Last 4 months I have been Paraplanning, which I absolutely love. I am now having to get another level 4 with CII and just took the R04 today and failed, I have been revising for ages and just cannot seem to cram every part in my head, hence major frustration!

I did go through the CII online questions, Book questions and even brand training, they all felt far easier than the test. I was getting mid 40's in all the tests, anyone had this issue?

Thanks

Damian

Comments

• I sat the exam yesterday and had to check I was sitting the right exam! Some of the questions I swear I had never seen before. I didn't have it for this one, but previously I've bought the CII question packs which I have found helpful.

• Hi Damian,

When I studied for R04: I read the book, learned the formulas as best I could and then really focused on answering as many questions as possible. Buy both sets of CII question banks - I always found these to be more difficult than the exam itself.

Don't spend too much time on the calculations, the exam is only an hour long so there's not much that they can ask you without using up too much of your time. I remember only having to use my calculator once!

Hope that helps.

Richard

• Thanks Sam & Richard for your help!

I will crack on with the CII question banks.