Shadowing?

ToryTory Member

Hi everyone, had a great time at the PowWow in London on Tuesday and chatting to the lovely paraplanners there has got me thinking.

I am very much self trained and work for just one adviser. Was just me and him until we took on an admin assistant a couple of months ago. It's my first job in the industry so I have had a very limited view so far. This I something that I would like to change and I would love a chance to gain some perspective on what what other people do in their roles.

Not sure if this is something that anyone would be open to but I would love the chance to shadow/understudy a fellow paraplanner for a couple of days to see how other people work and, I'm sure, gain some valuable understanding to what a paraplanner is.

I've done R01,R02 and R03 and am currently studying for R04. I'm local to Chichester, West Sussex.

Comments

• It was great to meet everyone on Tuesday and share views. I'm based on the Kent/East Sussex border so probably a bit far for you to travel, but always happy to share ideas or ways of working here

• richallumrichallum Administrator

It's really good to hear that you both enjoyed the Powwow.

@Tory if geography is an issue, have you considered doing that remotely using something like Skype?

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• ToryTory Member

Thank you @Andy_Schleider and @richallum

Yes I would be open to doing something remotely as well as able to travel a little way to meet up with people.