Ro1 study

Hi all,

I have my exam end of June. I’ve been using wizard learning and have been getting between 85%-95% pass, however I don’t want to be caught out as each test seems to go over a lot of the same questions as before. Is this the closest thing to the actual exam?

Does anybody recommend anything else better?

Comments

• Hi Stacey,

Have you tried BTS? they have study books but they also have a mobile phone app. Its about £30 per question bank and there is a couple of hundred questions in each bank. I used this as a study aid alongside my study books. Handy for when you don't want to lug the book around with you!

• No I haven’t. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like? I already do use wizard learning at revision mate

• ParaPParaP Member

Hi Stacey,

Well done on consistently getting 85%-95%, sounds to me like you're ready to sit R01 now.

If you would feel more confident practicing more mock exams i would look to buy the addtional CII question packs (these are in addition to what you get on revisionmate). Brand Financial also offer mock exams which are also really helpful - if you go on their website you can get a free tester which is about 20 questions.

Good luck with your exam.

• @stacey_smith said:
    No I haven’t. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like? I already do use wizard learning at revision mate

Hi Stacey, here is a screen shot.

Where it says "Full Exam", that is a drop down menu where
    you can also select to test yourself on the individual learning outcomes too.

Let me know what you think.

• Just tried a sample exam on the BTS app. Think I will purchase. I like that it tells you what you answered and what the actual answer is and also explains it after.
  • This was interesting as we do put our costs in suitability reports
  • RalfosRalfos Member

Cost of advice in a KFD? I think thats wrong or I dont understand the question.

• Exactly my thought!
  • https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/COBS/9/4.html

9.4.7 and 9.4.8

If you do include costs and charges, that's not to say you're doing it wrong. How MIFID 2 affects this I don't know. It's hard to 'aggregate' from a KFD if your client is about to invest in more than 1 fund.

• So I read over the CII book and it says in a suitability report to include costs, charges etc. So do I just skip Brand? Not sure what to rely on now in terms of test papers.