R02 - Best Study Aids

What study aids do you think helped you pass R02? Cii, Brand, Wizard Leaning, Exam Angel, Expert Pensions, Nucleus? Are there any I have missed or don't know about? What does everyone find the most useful to get them through this exam?

Any study techniques and tips would be much appreciated as well.  I read the whole of the Cii book and I feel that this wasn't the best method of studying for me.  I'm desperate to get this exam passed second time round.  Any guidance would be great, thank you. Claire

Comments

• I personally found looking at lots of YouTube videos helped with some areas. There are lots by someone called Tim Bennett from Kilik & Co. 
  • Did you pass first time John?

• Hi Claire,

I used Redmill Advance (Nucleus - Illuminate learn) for R01 to R04 and passed first time, I was exempt from R05 so I cant comment on its usefulness but based on the other exams its great way to learn.

BrandFT provide an R06 analysis which, in my opinion, is paramount - it's all I studied and all I needed
  • Brilliant, thank you.
  • Hi Claire

yes, I passed first time. I did struggle on some of the calcs as they had 3 figures to work with in the exam, but the book had 2 etc.

i found YouTube videos helpful for stuff like unit trusts, REITs ETA , options - after reading the book. 

John

• NathNath Member

It's been a while since I did this one but a good tip on exam day is literally have all the calcs on a piece of paper, memorise as much as you can outside the exam room and as soon as you get in there and they give you the 10 minutes to go through the IT stuff just write as much of it you can remember onto the scrap paper they give you.  It really helps with the time pressures.

• Thank you, my biggest challenge with this one is the calculations, I'm really struggling with them to be honest.
  • @Nath said:
    It's been a while since I did this one but a good tip on exam day is literally have all the calcs on a piece of paper, memorise as much as you can outside the exam room and as soon as you get in there and they give you the 10 minutes to go through the IT stuff just write as much of it you can remember onto the scrap paper they give you.  It really helps with the time pressures.

Hi Nath
    last year invigilator put me down for a breach when noted all the calculation on the given paper, prior to staring an exam.however I have been talked the same that I could use their given sheet and put calculations down for a later time.
    I have appealed and investigation is still ongoing but its 50/50, either you get through or you are caught .

• Natiaa, that's dreadful! Please let us know what the outcome is... I think a lot of us would have to radically change our exam technique.

• I agree with Clare - how can they do that?

• Dear Clare and Andy

I am pleased to say that they removed investigations against me after a second incident (not the cheating this time :)) with the same lady and at the same centre! CII is well aware of the issues with the Centre.
    so if anyone goes to the Clapham Centre in London and you get to be served by the Invigilator, who is tall and as they call her 'big D' be alarmed and also vigilant towards anything she might threw on you. disability and discrimination was in my second case!

also if you decide to write an incident report, do not get scared, even if invigilators will try to make you feel guilty and ask you to alter it, do not get scared! and follow up with a phone call to CII.

• should you need R02 Mock exam question or study materials from Brand Financial + BTS please email me

@Clairebear512 said:
    What study aids do you think helped you pass R02? Cii, Brand, Wizard Leaning, Exam Angel, Expert Pensions, Nucleus? Are there any I have missed or don't know about? What does everyone find the most useful to get them through this exam?

Any study techniques and tips would be much appreciated as well.  I read the whole of the Cii book and I feel that this wasn't the best method of studying for me.  I'm desperate to get this exam passed second time round.  Any guidance would be great, thank you. Claire

• @natiaa said:

Dear Clare and Andy

I am pleased to say that they removed investigations against me after a second incident (not the cheating this time :)) with the same lady and at the same centre! CII is well aware of the issues with the Centre.
    so if anyone goes to the Clapham Centre in London and you get to be served by the Invigilator, who is tall and as they call her 'big D' be alarmed and also vigilant towards anything she might threw on you. disability and discrimination was in my second case!

also if you decide to write an incident report, do not get scared, even if invigilators will try to make you feel guilty and ask you to alter it, do not get scared! and follow up with a phone call to CII.

I'm really pleased they dropped the investigation - that must have been a massive relief :smile:

• @natiaa that's dreadful but well done for standing your ground and getting it sorted!