Report writing guide for Administrators/Trainee Paraplanners

Hi everyone.

I am putting together a guide for our administrators/trainee paraplanners to what a compliant file should look like when an adviser makes a recommendation to the client.

It’s not an in depth guide as such but the kind of things I think i should to cover are;

• What is a paraplanner
  • Collating information/research & analysis – What to look out for.
  • Report Writing tips 
  • Updating the back office system  - must haves within a client file.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Is there any websites I can refer to?

The reason for me putting a guide together is to get them use to looking at client files etc for simple cases first i.e. ISA top ups etc before moving on to more challenging technical cases.

I don’t want to reinvent the wheel, just something simple in place which doesn’t look too daunting.

This is new to me like the report templates so any pointers would be fab.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @ParaP the What is a Paraplanner could be an interesting one!! I'm sure everyone would have a different take on it :smile: 
    A guide like this would be useful to anyone coming into the profession or working as an Administrator looking to make the step up. 

For research and analysis, I created a template which our Senior Administrators and Paraplanners use to assess existing policies which seems to work quite nicely.
  • ParaPParaP Member
    Hi @SianDaviesCole ;
    Yes i agree, everyone i meet has a different take on "what is a paraplanner?"

Please could we share ideas what to be included in the template? 

• What is a paraplanner? Interesting question that I have spent many hours trying to answer when asked what my job is!

A paraplanner is......
    A 'critical friend' - sense checking the advice and challenging the advisor
    A researcher - gathering the information needed to review and assess
    a report writer - putting the information into a format that the client understands and engages with
    An adviser's 'right hand' - backing them up and reminding them of what they need
    A knowledge bank - a positive wealth of information
    A clients first port of call when they have questions or requests

• richallumrichallum Administrator

The National Powwow is collaborating on this very question next month with Quiet Room. We'll publish what comes from it.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern.