R06

Looking for advice. I hold R01-R04 and looking to do R05 &R06 next. I live on the Isle of Man so can only do R06 in April and October. i therefore want to do it April, is now to APril enough time to prepare as its based on case studies 

thanks john

Comments

• Hi John,

I have R06 booked for April and I haven't started studying  yet, a colleague of mine is also doing it and shes found there's not a lot to study for.

If you can get your hands on past papers it would be useful, there's common themes and questions that regularly come up which are worth noting. I'll also be picking up the BrandFT analysis of R06 which is sent to buyers 10 days before the exam.

There's also Aviva's R06 study notes in this forum that could be worth a read too

Hope this helps
  • LaraMLaraM Member

Hi John

I have just completed the R06 exam in January.  I did not do any revision until the day I received the case studies.

The text book is not useful and I didnt even read it.

Like Dr1ver mentioned above, I would definately recommend buying the BrandFT analysis, this was a god send and really asstisted me in my studies. 

Good luck

• It's been a few years since I sat R06, but I remember before the case study came out I had prepared a long list of technical areas that I wanted to brush up on, but the moment the case study came out all of that went out the window and I just studied the Brand FT analysis from then on. You should be fine to sit it in April provided you can set aside plenty of time for studying in those final two weeks before the exam.
  • You don't really have a choice but to do R06 revision last minute.

As I recall you get the case studies the exam will be based on 2 weeks prior.

At which point I bought guidance from Verridian or Brand to help find the potential questions and answers.

It's a pretty straightforward exam, just remember to answer in bullet points and write every little thing down.