Paraplanner apprenticeship axed

richallumrichallum Administrator
This story is disappointing at a time when they is a huge demand for paraplanners and very little in the way of training for new entrants. Not NMBA fault.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

Comments

• benjaminfabibenjaminfabi Moderator
    edited February 2018
    It's a frustrating decision to choose apprenticeships for advisers when there is such a chronic shortage of paraplanners.

The best financial advisers will often be those who have been administrators and paraplanners as they've studied. Also, established financial advisers will be able to see more clients, thereby serving the demand for advice, if they have a skilled paraplanner in their corner.
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • richallumrichallum Administrator
    It is easy to argue that it's a short sighted decision for all the points you raise @benjaminfabi ;. 

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• I'm sure the decision wasn't a nice one to have to make. I expect the number of employers willing to put people through an advice apprenticeship vs the others weighed in.
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • richallumrichallum Administrator
    I think you're probably right.

• That is such a shame. I've was speaking about this yesterday too.