Secure email

Good morning

We are looking for a way of sending emails securely to clients. Unfortunately this seems to mean that only the person who receives the email back from the client is able to read it. We have discussed the option of having a team generic email address but are not keen on this as a lot of our older customers who use email prefer to email a specific person. 

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Maybe some sort of portal?

Not sure what is out there so any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Sandra

I've recently concluded that secure communication over email is not worth the hassle. For anyone.

There are a lot of systems that are cheap and better. Have a look at Crugo as an example. Also, Filehaven is on the horizon from codepotato and it looks good. 

There are also systems like moneyinfo that, with the arrival of open banking, are going to be able to add huge reporting capability to clients from within a secure environment (but have a big £££ initial setup cost).

Email is good for telling you that something is happening in your secure environment, and that's about it. I'm not sure how that will get across the issues your clients have about emailing a specific person. Maybe an in-house demonstration of whatever tech you're using, I'm sure I could convince most people willing to use email that it was inefficient, clunky, more expensive and less secure than the alternatives.

Ben
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • Thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me Ben. Your input is very useful. 
  • garethgareth Administrator

Thanks @benjaminfabi for the mention of Filehaven. 😍

Filehaven is now absolutely, 100% live and is definitely something that I imagine could be useful for advisers and paraplanners alike.

Unlike the other client portals (Moneyinfo, PFP etc) Filehaven focuses entirely on communications and isn't an after thought. It's built to be a viable alternative to email / whatsapp / messenger for businesses and the feedback we're getting at this point is that it's delightfully simple to use, which is ace, as that's how we designed it.

We have plans to bring in video conferencing to the service too as well as document signing and we have a publicly-accessible roadmap over at http://feedback.filehaven.co.uk.

If you have any questions at all, we have a live-chat tool on our marketing site (https://filehaven.co.uk) and I am very happy to answer any questions or run through a personalised demo.

Oh, and it starts at £15 a month + VAT.

Web nut, coffee junkie, so-called-responsible parent & MD of codepotato. We build websites and web applications for the financial industry.