Join a paraplanner study group

AdminAdmin Administrator
From August's Howwow on exam & study techniques it's clear that study groups can play an effective role in revising for an exam.

So by using whatever technology we can get our hands on, we would love to set this up. Starting with the AF7 exam - if you want to join a virtual study group then pop your name below or in an email and we'll crack on with making it happen.

Comments

• :) Count me in, I know a number of us at our firm are looking to take it in April next year.  Great idea
  • I'm sitting AF7 in October this year. If anyone else  already has the textbook, please share your view on the answer to the scenario question at the end of chapter 3. I believe the answer provided is incorrect. This because the DIS stated is 3 x notional pension rather than 3 x pensionable earnings (which I believe is correct).
  • holepunch said:
    I'm sitting AF7 in October this year. If anyone else  already has the textbook, please share your view on the answer to the scenario question at the end of chapter 3. I believe the answer provided is incorrect. This because the DIS stated is 3 x notional pension rather than 3 x pensionable earnings (which I believe is correct).

HI, I'm sitting AF7 in October as well and I answered it as you did - 3 x pensionable remuneration rather than pension payable as per their answer... I think it's just their typo.
  • I am just starting out, and am currently looking at the RO2. Would be great if there are any other's also in the same position to study with.
  • I am just starting out, and am currently looking at the RO2. Would be great if there are any other's also in the same position to study with.

I need to do the RO2 next and I know @roxyparaplanner has started studying for it too. We could always set something up?
  • Are the study groups happening? I'm booked for AF7 in October 2018 and feel that this could be really useful
  • amarshallamarshall Member, Moderator
    Myself and a colleague will be doing AF7 in October too and are keen to be part of this.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator
    If some of you want to form a group we can help with the logistics and tech.
  • OK so that's 3 for AF7 - any more? :)
  • I have recently done AF7 (as a tick box exercise rather than a necessity as I have a few other pension exams behind me!!) so have an understanding of the exam and the syllabus. I'm happy to be a sounding board for any queries participants in a study group may have (as I'm sure will a number of other members).