Want to car share to report writing Howwow bonanza?

AdminAdmin Administrator
We like doing our bit to save the planet every now and then. We also really appreciate that for some of you, the journey to the report writing Howwow bonanza is a bit of a trek and may cost a few bob.

So, we thought let's start a car share chat. If you are travelling a distance and the train fares have you in a state of shock, pop a message in here and see if anyone local is up for car sharing to the outskirts of London to Tube in, or even to a cheaper train line. 

We want to help out in any way we can. Hence this post. 

Comments

• Hi, is there anyone coming from Bristol? I don't mind a drive, just a little put off by the £210 train fare!
  • Hey Janeen! How're things? :) A little off-topic, but for anyone who definitely isn't driving it's worth a look at www.splitticketing.com to keep the train fares down. It was looking to be about £50-60 return from Bridgend when I checked yesterday, so (in theory) you should be able to get it cheaper than that from Bristol!
  • Good idea Richard. Where's a good place on the outskirts of London to drive to and then get a tube from?

Anyone travelling down from up t'North? I'm in Cheshire close to junction 18 & 19 of M6 so willing to consider possible car shares if it works out.
    Jonny (paraflex)
  • amarshallamarshall Member, Moderator
    Hey Janeen! How're things? :) A little off-topic, but for anyone who definitely isn't driving it's worth a look at www.splitticketing.com to keep the train fares down. It was looking to be about £50-60 return from Bridgend when I checked yesterday, so (in theory) you should be able to get it cheaper than that from Bristol!
    That's exactly what I did @Rebecca_Tuck and my return from Bristol cost me £40. I am going up the night before and staying with a friend which helps!