AF4 - October Sitting

Hi guys,

How is everyone else feeling for the upcoming AF4 exam? I have been using the BTS Study Guide, along with Brand and CII past papers (including examiners notes).

Is there anything else I am missing or should focus on? with this being my first AF exam I am well and truly bricking it...

Comments

• Good luck with your sitting, i am sure you will be fine!

I took the AF4 in March and passed ok. I spent a good amount of my time going through as many CII past papers as i could and this really helped. You can get a good idea of what has a good chance of coming up from looking at the recent papers. The niche areas in the March 24 sitting are very unlikely to come up again in the Oct sitting. However i would prepare for questions on the different formulas and calculations as there weren't many at all on the March sitting.

Apart from that just do as many mock exams as you can get your hands on in the last few weeks. I always find audio guides (even Youtube) very helpful too, during dog walks, long drives etc. You pick up a good amount of knowledge.

I have some mock exams and revision material if you need it :)

Good luck

• I passed it in March too, thought I did well but got the minimum 88 required! It's a tricky exam because it's so broad. Try and get a decent grounding in economics in general and that will help. Otherwise just get the formulas nailed and be very focused with your answers - they do not like it when people try to blag the answers with vague responses. Trust me as I failed it once back in September 2022!