AF4 v PCIAM

I was all set to sit AF4 at the end of the year but annoyingly it coincides with my little ones birthday and I'd rather not be sitting a 3 hour exam midday with nearly 2 hours travel either side for me. I'm sure some people will disagree on priorities especially as this is my final for chartered, but it is not really a sacrifice I wish to make.

So rather than wait for April, I was thinking about slightly pivoting towards the CISI PCIAM exam in November and then transferring the credits.

People who have sat both, which did you find more challenging and is there a lot of extra work to go into this exam? tips would also be very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• benjaminfabibenjaminfabi Moderator

Sounds like you have your priorities exactly right!

Benjamin Fabi 
  • PCIAM counts for 30 non specific credits if you transfer, and can be taken together with AF4.

I understand additional work is required for PCIAM but I don't know what that is; hopefully someone else will be able to add some thoughts.

And, good for you - spending time with your family is far more important than any exam. There's always another sitting.

• JumanjiJumanji Member

@Andy_Schleider said:
    PCIAM counts for 30 non specific credits if you transfer, and can be taken together with AF4.

I understand additional work is required for PCIAM but I don't know what that is; hopefully someone else will be able to add some thoughts.

And, good for you - spending time with your family is far more important than any exam. There's always another sitting.

Will those 30 count towards the 120 advanced credits needed?

I practically have enough after this exam to be fellow, but only have 3 x AFs right now.

Thanks

• @Jumanji said:
    Will those 30 count towards the 120 advanced credits needed?

Yes - "30 Non-Unit specific credits at Advanced Diploma level in Financial Services"

https://www.ciigroup.org/en/learning/accreditation/recognition-of-prior-learning/check-your-eligibility-and-apply/