SSAS administrators and self-trading Investment Accounts

Good Morning all,

I haven't got a huge amount of experience with SSAS's, so looking for a bit of guidance please.

We have a prospective client who is a member of a SSAS, for which Barnett Waddingham are the professional trustee and administrator. The SSAS holds a commercial property and a self-trading account with ii. Every month the SSAS pays out an income to retired members through a combination of the rental income from the property and sales from the self-trading account. ii have informed the trustees that they will be withdrawing the trading account, so an alternative needs to be found.

Barnett Waddingham have advised that they don't know of any alternatives, so my questions are:

1) Does anyone know of any viable alternatives to ii's Pension trading account?
2) If not, does anyone know of any SSAS providers operating their own trading platform?

The client is keen that it is self-trading and not requiring an intermediary (we're not, but we do need to be able to present him with his options!). The options I have come up with so far are AJ Bell for both the answer to Q1 and Q2, and Stocktrade, as a standalone trading account, but having done very little research on the topic in the past I'm sure there are options I'm unaware of.

Keen to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Cheers

Gareth

Comments

• richallumrichallum Administrator

I have a case with similar issues although it's a SIPP and we're using Transact. Does need an intermediary to set up but you can remove yourself after although they do charge more for that.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• Thanks @richallum. As it happens Transact is our preferred platform and it's more than likely we'll recommend moving the ii portfolio to an advised Transact GIA. I hadn't considered the option of non-advised GIA, so worth knowing.