What is it with ReAssure?

I called ReAssure yesterday three times, and asked them the same questions, and got a different answer each time.

Not really unsurprising, but it should be, and leaves me ina quandary - what do people do when it happens to them? I can't really wait for their turnaround time to send me a response in writing; equally I can't keep calling and tally up which answer they give the most and accept that one as correct!

Alternatively, does anyone know someone on the inside who actually is helpful and knows what they are talking about?!!!

Comments

• I spent around 3 months last year waiting for consistent answers in relation to 2 pensions our client holds with them (just basic information that any IFA would need to reivew a pension plan). Frustrating but I just had to keep on at them to provide accurate info. Every so often I'd be lucky enough to speak to someone who actually seemed to take ownership of the issue but 9 times out of 10, it was like getting blood out of a stone.

Would be interesting to see if anyone does have an inside hero

• I had an awful experience with ReAssure. A client had a Buyout Bond and was trying to take the PTFC and transfer the remainder of the fund to another provider. I was given a lot of incorrect information by the front-line staff that answer the phones, and most did not really understand what we were trying to do.

It was only when I asked to put in a complaint during one of those calls that the query was passed to the appropriate technical team and some progress was finally made. I'd recommend you do the same!

• I agree with @LottieS . Receiving three different answers to the same question is grounds for complaint and means your query will get escalated to someone who knows what they are talking about.

It will also flag some training needs in those who gave you incorrect information.

• @LottieS said:
    I had an awful experience with ReAssure. A client had a Buyout Bond and was trying to take the PTFC and transfer the remainder of the fund to another provider. I was given a lot of incorrect information by the front-line staff that answer the phones, and most did not really understand what we were trying to do.

It was only when I asked to put in a complaint during one of those calls that the query was passed to the appropriate technical team and some progress was finally made. I'd recommend you do the same!

Did you manage to do this in the end? Ive always struggled with taking PTFC and xferring he remainder.