AF5

Hello, 

I am taking AF5 in April and wondered if anyone who has sat this has any feedback on any of the exam analysis as there seems to be a few available and I can't decide which one to buy. 

Also does anyone know anywhere that past papers before 2014 are available?

Many thanks 

Comments

• Did you ever find a good exam analysis?  I bought the basic analysis from John at Expert Pensions (was too late for the structured study plan).  The October 2016 sample looks like it might be produced in conjunction with Brand FT but I'm not sure if that is standard.
    AF5 factfind is available on the CII website from today, so we'll have to wait and see what the analysis guys make of it.
    Good luck!

• Hi

I bought that 2016 AF5 from John and it was dual branded with BrandFT. To be honest both John and Catriona produce really good material.

I wouldn't bother with past papers further back. My key for AF5 was to spend a good two or three hours looking in detail at the clients and what their needs were. The material above will pick out most of this and give you a good idea of what the questions are likely to focus on. They also contain a load of model answers on the everyday stuff (eg what's better, £ or %), as do the past papers you will have access to via the PFS site.

Good luck
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • If anyone uses Nucleus they have a tie-in with Redmill advance who have produced an in depth case study analysis for AF5 and R06, and the cost of those is £99 each plus VAT.
    Haven't seen how good they are but i used them for R04 and that was pretty good.
  • palm87palm87 Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you, I went with the Brand one in the end - think it's available on Friday. Good luck
  • Do you need to do other AF papers to take AF5?  I'm planning on taking AF7 and probably AF8 but then I will only need 30 more advanced diploma credits (plus a fair few more other credits!)
  • Hi everyone, 

Is anyone sitting AF5 in October? I used Verridian analysis for R06 a couple of years back and was very impressed, has anyone used it for AF5?

Its the most expensive analysis I've seen at an eye watering £200!