AF8 Assignment 8

So i have fortunately passed assignment 1 and 2 and am now looking at assignment 3 which is like a suitability report (my own understanding).

However, i feel i am having to make a lot of assumptions, plus there are lots of recommendations i need to make to get their overall position where it should be before taking income. I feel like i am maybe missing the point and just need to focus on an income strategy. Has anyone got any guidance on this?

Comments

• KP23KP23 Member

I scraped a pass on the third assignment, so maybe not the best to answer, but I concentrated on the income strategy and IHT.

• @KP23 said:
    I scraped a pass on the third assignment, so maybe not the best to answer, but I concentrated on the income strategy and IHT.

Thank you for your feedback. I have submitted my 3rd assignment and focused on the income strategy but put some recommendations in of what else i felt needs to happen. Fingers crossed.

• HG23HG23 Member

Hi, I'm working on my final assignment which is due in just over a week but I've hit a major mind block and just can't seem to understand what to write.
    The exemplar begins to go over recommendations which I have summarized already at the beginning. Do you have any further tips?

• Hi

You might find the blog our AF8 tutor wrote very useful to help you get started and know what to include in assignment 3:

https://expertpensions.co.uk/af8-how-do-you-tackle-assignment-3-by-maurita-black/

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Gayle

• KP23KP23 Member

@HG23 said:
    Hi, I'm working on my final assignment which is due in just over a week but I've hit a major mind block and just can't seem to understand what to write.
    The exemplar begins to go over recommendations which I have summarized already at the beginning. Do you have any further tips?

Research a sustainable income strategy (I found some evidence for a 3.5% withdrawal rate) and build a strategy around that and where you would take income from (ISAs etc). Cons against withdrawing from other sources like pensions (IHT considerations etc). Tables are your friend as they don't count for word count. Definitely use cash flow modelling, to show your strategy works.

• Hi All, quick question on AF8: How long does it usually take for assignment results to be released? I know the CII says 40 days, but I'm wondering if it actually takes that long, or whether I can expect to know any sooner. I've just submitted A1 and I'm keen to crack on with the next. Cheers

• @B2405 My assignments were around 25 working days each to be returned.

• Hi all, I have a quick question on the third assignment in AF8.

I had planned on using Voyant to create a cashflow to justify my recommendations. However, I notice there is guidance from the CII which states 'You are not required to use a proprietary cashflow model to model..... You may use a simple spreadsheet or straighforward calculation.'

Has anyone come across this before? I would ideally still prefer to use Voyant as it's far more detailed than a simple excel spreadsheet.

Thanks