Adviser Retirement Gifts?

Hello!

An adviser I work with is retiring at the end of this month and we're trying to think of some 'financial planning tat' to send him off with. Does anyone have any ideas of what to get and where from? I'm considering going to some providers and seeing if they have any freebies they can send, but any other thoughts are very welcome!

I hope this is okay to ask as it's not strictly paraplanning, but I thought you'd be the best people to know.

Thanks!

Kelly

Comments

• NathNath Member

Hi Kelly
    Rather than some FP 'tat' would it not be better to perhaps everyone chip in and get something they may want or have a personal interest in? Similar to gathering details on clients personal interests, whether that's wine, sports, charity work etc it might be more meaningful to get them something like that.

If you mean in addition to a proper gift, then perhaps like a personalised mug that has an FP theme to it?

N

• @Nath said:
    Hi Kelly
    Rather than some FP 'tat' would it not be better to perhaps everyone chip in and get something they may want or have a personal interest in? Similar to gathering details on clients personal interests, whether that's wine, sports, charity work etc it might be more meaningful to get them something like that.

If you mean in addition to a proper gift, then perhaps like a personalised mug that has an FP theme to it?

N

Thanks Nath.

We have already arranged a significant gift based on his interests. The 'tat' is really meant to be a few fun extras. I remember once getting a pair of Aegon sun glasses, for example, that have turned out to be surprisingly useful.

• NathNath Member

I thought that might be the case Kelly. I love a bit of provider tat. We call it 'swag' :smile:

Perhaps any BDMs for providers you may use could help?