Experience of AF units

jaytjayt Member
edited March 7 in CPD & Exams
Evening all,

After completing the L4 Diploma last summer, I've tried to keep the momentum going having just submitted the final assignment for the pilot unit UP1...Results are eagerly awaited!

I'm now a bit stuck as to which unit to tackle next and how long other spent preparing? The next block of exams is May and I don't know if I'm too late to make a start for AF4?

If anyone has any experience, I would very much appreciate to hear from you.

Many thanks

Comments

  • JBarJBar Member
    > @jayt said:
    > Evening all,
    >
    > After completing the L4 Diploma last summer, I've tried to keep the momentum going having just submitted the final assignment for the pilot unit UP1...Results are eagerly awaited!
    >
    > I'm now a bit stuck as to which unit to tackle next and how long other spent preparing? The next block of exams is May and I don't know if I'm too late to make a start for AF4?
    >
    > If anyone has any experience, I would very much appreciate to hear from you.
    >
    > Many thanks

    Hi!

    I have just started looking at J10 & AF4 simultaneously. I'm not sure if you have already done J10 but it seems a good entry route into the AF4 exam and would give you more time to learn the material plus gives you extra credits towards becoming chartered.

    Can't really help with whether that timescale is realistic unfortunately, as I haven't sat AF4 yet.

    Either way, best of luck!
  • KP23KP23 Member

    I am currently getting through UP1, struggling with assignments 2&3, seem so vague.

    I did AF8 and found that relatively straightforward and AF5 was also relatively straightforward. Sat AF7 but still awaiting results for that one. But not as scary as I thought when signing up. AF4 is probably next on my list.

  • jaytjayt Member
    > @KP23 said:
    > I am currently getting through UP1, struggling with assignments 2&3, seem so vague.
    >
    > I did AF8 and found that relatively straightforward and AF5 was also relatively straightforward. Sat AF7 but still awaiting results for that one. But not as scary as I thought when signing up. AF4 is probably next on my list.


    Managed to pass assignment 1 and 2 but found out I missed the mark on assignment 3 this morning so back to the drawing board. It's incredibly difficult as the guidance is so vague! Hope you are getting on well!
  • KP23KP23 Member

    @jayt said:
    > @KP23 said:
    > I am currently getting through UP1, struggling with assignments 2&3, seem so vague.
    >
    > I did AF8 and found that relatively straightforward and AF5 was also relatively straightforward. Sat AF7 but still awaiting results for that one. But not as scary as I thought when signing up. AF4 is probably next on my list.


    Managed to pass assignment 1 and 2 but found out I missed the mark on assignment 3 this morning so back to the drawing board. It's incredibly difficult as the guidance is so vague! Hope you are getting on well!

    Sorry to hear that! I have written the majority of both assignment 2&3, but as you have said the guidance is so vague, I just don't know if I have actually answered the question, or how they want it answered anyway.

    Found out I passed AF7 at least, would recommend it, actually quite straightforward in how they want you to answer the questions.

  • jaytjayt Member
    @KP23 Hi! Sorry for the late reply, was busy preparing for AF5; now waiting for the result in July!

    How did you get on with assignment 2 & 3? I'm still trying to rework assignment 3 ahead of resubmission but I have completely hit a brick wall. I have no idea what they want, definitely the hardest of the UP1 assignments!
  • KP23KP23 Member

    @jayt said:
    @KP23 Hi! Sorry for the late reply, was busy preparing for AF5; now waiting for the result in July!

    How did you get on with assignment 2 & 3? I'm still trying to rework assignment 3 ahead of resubmission but I have completely hit a brick wall. I have no idea what they want, definitely the hardest of the UP1 assignments!

    Submitted Assignment 2, but similarly stuck on Assignment 3. Have written out like 3/4's of it, but not sure if I'm really answering the question. Still not sure if I really answered the question for Assignment 2 ha.

Sign In or Register to comment.