following on from today's Risk Mapping Howwow....
Hi all, I've just watched todays Howwow on catch-up. then came across this FTAdviser email I had with various 30 minute CPD courses attached to it, three of which I think could link in quite well with the topics raised in the conversation thread... If you go and take a look on their page, they are each from August this year, and the titles I'm making particular reference to are:
How to cater for a new but nervous investor
- Consider the factors behind investor nervousness.
- Explain how to establish an effective risk-profiling assessment.
- Understand how to build resilience in new clients.
How do you manage an excitable investor that doesn’t understand their risk level?
- Explain how to strike the balance between confidence and overconfidence.
- Describe how to overcome biases in excitable investors.
- Identify how you can help clients navigate peaks in confidence.
How should a client close to retirement asset allocate?
- Describe the importance of good asset allocation
- Explain how to achieve this with the use of alternative assets
- Identify the key areas to be aware of to ensure your client's aims are achieved