Diploma in Financial Planning

I have started studying for the above qualification with R01 and I need 80 credits in total to gain my Level 4 qualification ( I have previous credits I can use as I have passed the old Financial Planning Certificate). I am thinking of doing R01 (20 credits) R02 (20 credits) and maybe J10 (20 credits).. I am struggling what to take for the final exam . I want to try and avoid a written exam as I think I'd rather stick to the multiple choice questions but it only really leaves me with J11 (securities advice and dealing) and I am not from an investment background - I'm mainly a pensions girl.

The other option is to do R01 (20 Credits), R02 (20 credits) R04 (10 credits) and then R06 (30 credits). I am aware R06 is a written exam but I think I would find it beneficial but the only problem is I would have missed R03 (tax) and R05 (protection) I cant' include R05 in the Diploma as its a Level 3 qualification. I am worried there will be gaps in my knowledge as its been a while since I passed FPC.

Comments

• R01, R02, R04 and R06 would be the most valuable for a paraplanner. J10 is good but at level 4 without a diploma it's too similar to R02.

Pension and investment is more important than tax, although I would say doing R03 next is also a good idea.
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • R05 is a bit part of knowledge required for the R06 exam. So I think you are right to worry. If you want to give us a call on 01748 822777 we will happily have a natter and discuss possible options with you

• NicoleNicole Member
    > @millyspook said:
    > I have started studying for the above qualification with R01 and I need 80 credits in total to gain my Level 4 qualification ( I have previous credits I can use as I have passed the old Financial Planning Certificate). I am thinking of doing R01 (20 credits) R02 (20 credits) and maybe J10 (20 credits).. I am struggling what to take for the final exam . I want to try and avoid a written exam as I think I'd rather stick to the multiple choice questions but it only really leaves me with J11 (securities advice and dealing) and I am not from an investment background - I'm mainly a pensions girl.
    >
    > The other option is to do R01 (20 Credits), R02 (20 credits) R04 (10 credits) and then R06 (30 credits). I am aware R06 is a written exam but I think I would find it beneficial but the only problem is I would have missed R03 (tax) and R05 (protection) I cant' include R05 in the Diploma as its a Level 3 qualification. I am worried there will be gaps in my knowledge as its been a while since I passed FPC.
  • NicoleNicole Member
    I am the same I have 50 credits from passing previous exams but this changes in August so you can no longer use the 50 credits towards the diploma. To be fair using previous credits you have to gain 140 credits to get the diploma where as doing R01-R06 is 100 credits so in essence you only gained 10 credits by using prior exams.