Scottish Widows

Has anyone had any issues with using various product provider websites with using anything other than Internet Exploder?  I have been trying to switch funds using their website using Firefox.  I emailed them and got this reply:

The administrative functions within the secure part of our website are only fully compatible with Internet Explorer 6,7,8 and newer versions with compatibility mode turned on. Using any other browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc) will result in varying compatibility issues. In relation to the switch or redirect screens this often results in the box to choose the new funds not appearing.

I mean, really?  Who uses a browser that went out of date over 5 years ago??  And I thought Reliance Mutual were dinosaurs!!!

Comments

• amarshallamarshall Member, Moderator
    I mean, really?  Who uses a browser that went out of date over 5 years ago??  And I thought Reliance Mutual were dinosaurs!!!
    I know what you mean. Some of Ascentric's rather limited functionality only works in IE (with compatability mode on of course!), Old Mutual View (not the platform) is the same. All in all, its frustrating and disappointing but I can't imagine SWids, Ascentric, OM or anyone else are going to be changing their websites any time soon.

If its any consolation, its not just our industry that suffers this problem. I had to revive IE on my home PC to watch England beat Australia on NowTV.

Andy
  • richallumrichallum Administrator
    Huge pain in the arse, especially for those of us in the Cult of Apple.  Lack of investment or lack of foresight.  Either way it's annoying.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern.